Monday, May 28, 2007

Let's pour the Concrete

After getting the electrical straightened out, they came to do the shotcrete in the pool. They put up a tarp on each side of the pool (I guess so they don't get it all over the yard). And then started spraying. Now it really looks like a pool.






And we had to water our pool for a few days. They don't want the shotcrete to dry too quickly (and develop cracks), so for 3-4 days we had to wet it down 3-4 times a day.

A couple days later, they were going to do the concrete for the decking....first they put up some wood around the area that was going to be our deck.





Then they filled them in...



We got woken up on a Saturday morning when they did the tile. (They hadn't been working on the weekends before that). That Monday they coated the concrete decking with what we call out here Kool-deck. Doesn't get too hot on the feet :).





So this week, we are waiting on the interior plaster, and I think thats it! Course we have to fill it with water, get the water levels all right and figure out how to work everything.

Busy holiday weekend here....Had the first pool party of the season yesterday, good time...and I bought a new car :).

Just so I have tons of pictures in this post...


Think this is my longest post yet...

1 comment:

Tessa said...

Now it really looks like a pool! Very nice. What's with the little platform part?